“Components of Food” is a very important topic for students who are preparing for competitive exams like PCS/SSC (CGL / MTS), army clerk,Punjab -central govt test,CAT,MAT,ppsc,upsc ant etc.
Components of Food The main components of foods are carbohydrates, protein, fats, vitamins and minerals. These are called nutrients.
1. Which of the following has maximum calorific value?
2. Starch and sugar together are named as:
3. Which of the following acids is present in Vitamin C?
(a) Lactic acid
(b) Citric acid
(c) Folic acid
(d) Ascorbic acid
4. Which of the following is/are a rich source of iron?
(b) Green vegetables
5. In man, carbohydrates are stored in :
(c) Liver and muscles
6. Vitamin A prevents:
(d) Beri- Beri
7. Diabetes is caused by the deficiency of :
8. Bacterial diseases are found in:
(d) All of these
9. Sterility is generally caused by the deficiency of Vitamin :
10. Kwashiorkor is caused by deficiency of :