LIST OF IMPORTANT RIVERS IN INDIA
LIST OF IMPORTANT RIVERS IN INDIA /List of RIVERS IN INDIA /RIVERS IN INDIA /Latest List of RIVERS IN INDIA 2017
LIST OF IMPORTANT RIVERS IN INDIA FOR ALL UPCOMING COMPETITIVE EXAMS
LIST OF IMPORTANT RIVERS IN INDIA is an important topic for all upcoming Competitive Exams like IBPS RRBs, IBPS PO, SSC CGL MAINS, SSC MTS, PCS, IAS, IB, NICL and other competitive Exam .
LIST OF IMPORTANT RIVERS IN INDIA
LIST OF IMPORTANT RIVERS IN INDIA : The rivers is played very important role in providing irrigation water, drinking water, electricity, easy & cheap transportation, other miscellaneous works has been done with the help of rivers.
• Ganga is the most holy river according to Hindu.
• It has started from the Gangotri in the Himalayas and poured into the Bay of Bengal by travelling of around 2525 km.
• It ranked 3rd largest river in the world.
• It had also created the World’s largest delta in West Bengal named as Sundarban delta.
• River Ganga has special religious significance. The Hindus consider Ganga as their mother.
• There are a number of cities had been developed across the banks of Ganga like Pataliputra, Kashi, Allahabad, Varanasi, Kolkata, etc
• Yamuna River had originated from Yamunotri Glacier in the Himalayas, then travels across several states and merged into the Ganga at Triveni, Allahabad.
• Its total length is 1376 km.
• Yamuna River passes through major cities such as Delhi, Yamuna Nagar, Agra, Mathura, Allahabad, etc. Yamuna River’s water contributed nearly 70% of Delhi’s water supply.
• The Taj Mahal is situated on the banks of Yamuna River.
• Brahmaputra River is originated from Angsi Glacier, the northern Himalayas in Tibet, then entered into the Arunachal Pradesh to Assam and then merges with the Padma river in Bangladesh.
• Its length is around 2900 km and plays an important role in the irrigation and transportation.
• It emptied into the Bay of Bengal.
• Guwahati, the most important city of Assam, is situated on the bank of River Brahmaputra.
• The Indus River is a historically famous in Asia.
• It originated from the Tibetan Plateau, and then flows through the Ladakh then entered into Pakistan and finally merge into the Arabian Sea after travelling a distance of 3180 km.
• Besides India, it also passes through China and Pakistan.
• Mahanadi is a major river in the state of Chhattisgarh and Odisha.
• Mahanadi’s water is used in the irrigation and drinking purpose, it is also called the ruin of Orissa due its devastating floods over the years but till Hirakund Dam was constructed.
• It has a large basin area of around 1.42 sq. km.
• Its total length is 858 km. Cuttack, Sonepur, Sambalpur, etc. are the important cities on the bank of Mahanadi River.
• Godavari, also known as Dakshin Ganga, is the longest river in the southern
• India and 2nd largest in India after Ganga.
• It is originated from Maharashtra and flows through Andhra Pradesh, then merges into the Bay of Bengal after travelling a distance of 1465 km.
• Rajamahendravaram, the famous city of Andhra Pradesh, is situated on the bank of River Godavari.
KRISHNA (ALSO CALLED KRISHNAVENI)
• The 3rd longest river in India after Ganga and Godavari, Krishna River which is originated from Mahabaleswar in Maharashtra and flows through the state of Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and finally merges into the Bay of Bengal by travelling a distance of 1400 km.
• Vijayawada is the most important city along the bank of River Krishna.
• The Kaveri River is one the large rivers in India which is originated from Talakaveri in the Western Ghats of Karnataka and flows through the states of Karnataka & Tamil nadu, finally merges into Bay of Bengal by travelling a distance of 765 km.
• Narmada River is the 5th Longest in the Indian sub-continent.
• It is also called the Life line of Madhya pradesh due to its huge contributions. Narmada River is originated from Narmada Kund, Amarkantak in Madhya Pradesh and merges into the Arabian Sea near Gujarat after travelling a distance of 1312 km.
• Tapti River is one of the major rivers in Central India. Its total length is around 724 km which flows through the states of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra and finally merges into the Gulf of Cambay (also called Gulf of Khambhat) of Arabian Sea near Gujarat.
• Some major cities such as Surat, Naski, etc. are located on the bank of River Tapti.
Competitive Exams Coaching :
Education World is providing comprehensive, expert and high level coaching for All Competitive Exams . Highly qualified faculty of each subject of Competitive Exams i.e Maths , Reasoning, English, General awareness is available at Education World .
Faculty members provide coaching using latest techniques along with that there is excellence study material prepared by highly qualified and experience staff. Regular practice tests for All Competitive Exams are also conducted. As per the need of students doubt clearance classes are also provided to All Competitive Exams students.
The tricks and shortcut methods being taught in Education World are very helpful to the students to crack Competitive Exams. Besides this, Individual attention is paid to each and every student. The students are provided with assignments and worksheets as their pattern.
As the mission of Education World is to impart value based education to one and all at affordable cost. So very low fee is charged from the students. The infrastructure of Education World is ultra modern and the faculty members are also using projector methods for teaching the students.
The vision of Education World is to shape up future leaders in all spheres of life. Education World has given uncountable selections since its inception w.e.f 26 May 2014 along with producing toppers in various competitive exams and education world will keep doing good work for the society in the coming years.