MCQ’s On “Revolt of 1857”( Modern History) 11th July 2017.
“Revolt of 1857 ”( Modern History) is an important topic for all upcoming competitive exams like SSC CGL , SSC MTS , PTET, PCS,IAS etc.
1. The state Jhansi was made a part of the British Empire in India through:
(a) Doctrine of Lapse
(b) War against Rani Lakshmi Bai
(c) Policy of Subsidiary Alliance
(d) None of the above
2. Who was the Nawab when Dalhousie annexed Awadh in 1856?
(a) Alivardi Khan
(b) Shuja –ud Daula
(c) Wajid Ali Shah
(d) Nasiruddin Mahmud Shah
3. Who among the following British persons admitted the Revolt of 1875 as a National Revolt?
(a) Lord Canning
(c) Lord Ellenborough
(d) Lord Dalhousie
4. Mangal Pandey fired the first shot of the Revolt of 1857 at :
5. Where was the Royal Durbar held on 1st November, 1858 to issue the queen’s proclamation?
6. Given Below are the names of prominent leaders and their respective operational areas during the revolt period. Select the incorrect pair.
(a) Khan Bahadur Khan Ruhelkhand
(b) Kunwar Singh Sahabad
(c) Nana Saheb Kanpur
(d) Rani Lakshmi Bai Indore
7. The film Mangal Pandey released in August, 2005 deals with the :
(a) The partition of Indian and Pakistan
(b) The first war of Indian Independence in 1857
(c) Netaji Subash Chandra Bose fight against British occupation of India
(d) Jallianwala Bagh tragedy
8. The Revolt of 1857 was started by:
(a) The peasants
(b) The Plantation Workers
(c) The Sepoys
(d) The Zamindars
9. Which of the following statements best explains the nature of Revolt of 1857?
(a) A struggle of the common people to overthrow common rule
(b) An effort to establish a limited Indian nation
(c) Mutiny of a section of sepoys of the British Army
(d) The last effort of the old political order to regain power
10. The administrative consequence of the Revolt of 1857 was transfer of power from:
(a) East India Company to the British Crown
(b) British Crown to the Board of Directors
(c) British Crown to the East India Company
(d) East India Company to the Governor -General